Friday, April 27, 2012

It's Been an Exciting Couple Months: Part 2- Stepping My Game Up

The first kayak I bought was a Malibu Stealth 12. I had paddled a couple other boats, but I was impressed with the layout of the Stealth. Over the next few years I acquired 3 more Malibu Kayaks, consisting on another Stealth 12, a Stealth 14, and an X-factor. I stand behind these boats and truly believe they are one of the best fishing kayaks available on the market. That being said, when I decided I wanted to look for sponsorship and join a pro staff, I wanted to do it for the right reason- to represent a brand that I believed in, and naturally Malibu Kayaks Pro Staff was top of my list. I contacted Tony Hart, the new Pro Staff coordinator, introduced myself and filled out the application. I had a couple good friends put in a good word for me,  and a couple weeks later, I was offered, and gladly accepted a spot on the Malibu Kayaks Pro Staff!


 I am lucky to be part of this great group of fisherman, and  to have the chance to work with Malibu to better their brand and the sport of kayak fishing. I'm going to make the most of this opportunity look forward to becoming even more involved in the kayak fishing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment